Projects

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Paper Craft Techniques Class

Today I went to a local scrapbook store and took a class on Techniques. It covered stamping and the different types of stamp pads, distressing with inkpads direct to paper or with sponge, using Versa-Mark with chalks and for heat embossing, watercolor with Twinkling H2O's (wasn't crazy about that), using Stickles with acrylic glaze on surfaces it won't adhere to well, masking (we used stick-on letters for the mask - pretty cool), using double sided "red" tape with glitter, and using different adhesives.
Most of these things I have done, but I learned a few new tricks. I especially liked distressing with ink using a sponge. It makes a much softer look than using the ink pad directly to the paper.
Using acrylic glaze, like Aleene's Paper Glaze or any of the other brands, under Stickles to make it adhere to glossy surfaces was new to me, and I use Stickles a lot, so that is good to know. The glaze also makes a good adhesive for adding things with glossy surfaces to your project, like buttons. It just takes a while to dry.
We took notes and applied each technique to little 5"x6" sheets of cardstock, then bound them into a book with chipboard covers using the Bind-It-All.
I have gone to classes in the past that I felt were a total waste of time and money, but, I think I got enough out of this one to say I'm glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment