Projects

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My entry for Nov Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge

So, it's been 2 1/2 months since I posted - what's up with that?? I thought jumping on board with a challenge would get me out of my creative slump, so here is what I made for the cricut Circle monthly challenge.
The challenge is to create a project using your "sign/symbol" of fall, and add texture to your project using a Cuttlebug, distressing, ink, stickles, etc. The project must include at least 2 different Cricut cuts also. For my card, I embossed the burlap looking paper using my Cuttlebug and the Tim Holtz "Plaid" embossing folder, and fringed the edges of it with MS fringe scissors. The branch of leaves and acorns was printed and cut with my Cricut Imagine and the Enjoy the Seasons Imagine cartridge, using the layers feature. The leaves are double layers, and the acorns are mounted with 3-D Dots. Happy Thanksgiving is from the Simply Charmed cartridge, and was also printed and cut with the Imagine. I edged all of the cuts with Copic markers.
I have a ton of ideas in my head of things I want to make, so as soon as I find my crafting table, (and I know it is under that mess somewhere!) maybe I will stay in crafting mode and get some things made.

3 comments:

  1. wow...awesome job with the background paper cause I thought it WAS a piece of burlap! Your card is super cute! OK, enough blogging, go look for your craft desk! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandee! I really like that burlap print paper, and the embossing gave it a really neat texture. I had to back it with cardstock before embossing because, on my first try, the folder cut through the paper in spots and some of the fringe fell off. I just hate it when my fringe falls off! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card, the burlap looks terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete