Projects

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Shrinky Dink film and Cricut Imagine

So, I was reading a thread on the Cricut Circle Blog about using printable Shrinky Dink film ( mine just says Shrink Plastic) with the Cricut Imagine, so of course I had to drop everything and try it, since I had some on hand that I had not tried yet. I used the Better Together and Kate's Kitchen cartridges, and set my Imagine at 3". The cuts are proportioned for whatever image they are part of on the cartridge, so all came out at different sizes. And, using a tip offered by Nadia (Check out her awesome blog HERE, see is SOOOO creative! ) and following her directions on her blog, I coated them with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel). The only thing I should have done differently was to punch the hole to hang them with a bit bigger. I think they are so cute!

5 comments:

  1. They sure are neat. Are you going to attach them to a card? Hope to see soon. I should give them a try since I haven't used them since I was a kid.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do want to make some for attaching to cards. These were just spur of the moment to see how they would come out. Very quick and easy to make!

      Delete
  2. These are simply adorable!!! I LOVE Shrinky Dinks! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog...it is greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute, I love shrinky dinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout-out. Sorry to see it so late. This post generated some traffic to my blog today so I was just investigating to see what it was about! Your charms are adorable!

    ReplyDelete